Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pink is my signature color

I love the movie Steel Magnolias. I have always thought it was the epitome of all things Southern. So when I put Olivia in her cloth diapers a few days ago, I took this picture and thought about what a Southern belle she will be despite not living in the south anymore!



She didn't care too much for having her picture taken while almost naked but I think she liked the cloth diapers. Other than having a nonworking dryer these days, I really like the cloth diapers. They are a little bulky for my little baby but I think she will rapidly grow into them. And I am excited about all of the money we will save!

We had a great night last night...at least Olivia did. Carter woke up several times...ended up in our bed and after about an hour of having knees and elbows in my back and hands over my face, I made him go back to his bed. I'm wishing now I had opted for the king size bed! But Olivia slept great. No fussing and nursed every 3-4 hours. :) Yea! It's amazing what a good night of sleep can do for all of us. We were supposed to go to an Apple Orchard today with the MOPS group but someone is coming to fix our dryer this morning and that takes priority!! So Theo and I will take the kids this weekend instead. The weather is supposed to be back in the 70's by tomorrow. I never thought I would miss Louisiana weather. Tomorrow if it's nice, we are heading to Denver to visit Aunt Meredith and her boys. I can't wait!

1 comment:

ruslinga said...

Look at you already getting out and about. I don't know if I will be that brave after Baby Rusling comes. I love the pink!