Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sleeping Beauty (and her big brother)


Yesterday was a really hard day emotionally. I remember after I had Carter, it was Day #4 that the bottom fell out. I woke up feeling fine but we had to take Olivia for a check up and their scale said she lost a little over a pound in 2 days! I couldn't believe it. My heart sank and feelings of deja vu swept over me. Carter had also been very slow to gain weight while I was nursing. I really wanted to have a better experience this time with Olivia now that the stress of grad school was long gone. Then on top of that, my mom had to leave yesterday. It was so great to have her here and we all miss her so much. On the way home from the airport, Carter kept screaming "I want to go see Omaw!!". We were both crying by the time we got back home. Theo and I had a long talk last night and we were both able to get some things out and he let me cry and spill my true feelings about how overwhelmed I feel. I went to sleep with a peace that everything was going to be okay.

We headed back to Dr. B's office this morning and Olivia now weighs 7#s 3 ounces. I truly believe the weight from yesterday was a fluke. If not, she gained 10 ounces overnight? Hmmmmm, sounds suspicious if you ask me. Granted she has been nursing about every 2 hours around the clock and my milk finally came in so who knows? All I know is that I feel 100 times better and I trust that God answered my prayers. But just to be on the safe side, Theo made me get some Ensure to drink to boost my calories. I said a milkshake from Sonic would be much better :) Oh well. I didn't sleep much last night with Ms. Olivia eating every two hours so this afternoon, I was able to get a nap in while Theo entertained the kids. Now Carter is napping, Olivia is laying on my lap wide awake and staring at me, and I couldn't be happier. My care group leader from MOPS also came by last night and brought us a great meal. I also have stuff in the freezer that my mom made while she was here so we are good to go for a while!

No big plans for the rest of the week...mostly just trying to adjust to our new way of life. It has been great having Theo here to help me and I will be very sad when he has to go back to work next week. My blog posts my not be quite so long or cheery for that matter!:) Will post pictures as often as I can.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you had a better day. Olivia or as Carter says "Olifia" is going to be just fine. You will be fine, too. You are a wonderful strong woman. Tell Carter that Tasha says "Hi!"

Ms. Margo said...

All I know to say is "you are a Proverbs 31 woman". You are blessed coming in and going out, you are blessed in the city and in the country, you are the head and not the tail, God knew the plans He had for you before the beginning of time and He is with you, and guiding you. God's love in you, will sustain you! Love to all...