Saturday, October 3, 2009

Things I love

I'm taking a short break from my normal posts about all things children to tell you all about some of my most favorite things...ya know, besides my children, husband, and extended family and friends.

#1- My newest love is MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers). This is a Christian organization for mom's of young children. They meet at local churches a couple of times a month. It is an awesome chance to fellowship with other young Christian moms. This group of ladies has been such a lifesaver to me since moving here. Three of the ladies bought meals to us after Olivia was born.

As a sidenote, one of the ladies in my group who also lives in our neighborhood is in need of major prayers. She is a stay-at-home mom to four children ages five and younger. Her husband recently lost his job very unexpectedly and was not given any type of severance package or anything. They now have no more health insurance or income whatsoever. Their house is on the market and he is desperately seeking other employment. He has a job interview on Tuesday. So please pray for this family that God will provide for them in only a way God can do. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

#2 Stanley steamer spot remover. This has been a huge lifesaver....especially since we are renting this house. It cleans up baby poop, bright green toothpaste, smooshed fruit snacks out of the carpet, play dough stains, you name it. Thank you stanley steamer for helping save our security deposit!



#3 Miracle blanket (aka baby straight jacket). I used one of these I borrowed from a friend while Carter was a newborn. My mom was kind enough to buy one for us and Olivia has been sleeping soundly in it every night.

#4 JoAnns'a and Hobby Lobby. My two favorite craft stores. Sorry Michael's, you have been outdone.

#5 Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. I haven't had one this year yet because I'm trying to avoid caffeine but I will be sure to order a decaf one soon since they only sell them this time of year

#6 Reeses' peanut butter cups. I will not even admit how many bags (yes, bagS) I have eaten since Olivia was born....maybe all the chocolate is irritating her. But it's like my mommy xanax so I can't give them up completely :)



#7 my sewing machine. I am gearing myself up for my first solo project without mom's help. I have the patterns, fabric, thread, ect. Now if I could only find the time, all would be well. I guess they don't sell an hour of interrupted free time at JoAnn's and Hobby lobby though. If only.....



#8 Tivo. Where would I be without you? Theo and I don't watch grown up shows will the kids are awake, except for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Even if the content of our fave shows was appropriate for three year olds, there is no way we would be able to actually watch it with Carter awake. So after the kids go to bed, we spent almost every night catching up on our favorite shows. And in case you are wondering what those are, we watch House, Law and Order (both the original and SVU), Criminal Minds, The Mentalist. I might watch Mercy this season but in the first episode, she is married but had previously had an affair with a doctor she worked with. So I'm not sure that is the kind of show I should be watching. We'll see.

#9 My Canon rebel Xti and lenses. Probably the best thing Theo has ever bought me (other than jewelery). I use it almost on a daily basis and my blog wouldn't be the same without it!

#10 Baked Apple Pie candle from Hobby lobby. I light it almost everyday and I can smell it all the way upstairs. It was a $5 candle but it smells better than the expensive Yankee candle. Yummy!


Ok so I lied, I am going to blog about the kids only because it's Olivia's three week birthday. Since this post is already quite long, I will hit the hi-lights:
- She nurses about every 2 hours during the day and about 4 hours at night.
- She doesn't enjoy being in her pack and play and prefers to sleep on daddy's chest or in the bed next to me.


- She has already been on several shopping trips (see above #4).
- She loves being carried in the sling
- She doesn't take many long naps during the day unless in the sling or in the car.
- She is very alert and awake much of the day.
- She has the longest fingers and I hope she will one day share my love of the piano.
- She is the most beautiful baby girl I have ever laid my eyes on!

Happy 3 week birthday Olivia!

3 comments:

Georgette said...

I have several pumpkin spice lattes already!

Crazy Family said...

Happy 3 Week Birthday baby girl. I love you so much!

Carol said...

That looks like a precious Daddy's girl for sure! I am looking forward to holding her again. I miss you all.