Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick Sick or Treat


It's Halloween night! We survied trick-or-treating despite Carter being sick and running fever all day yesterday. Today he felt better, took a two hour nap, and after a dose of Motrin, we ventured out in the neighborhood for some candy. I will admit, I wanted (and needed) the candy more than he probably did so my motives for getting him out in the cold for trick-or-treating were a little selfish! :) We had a good time. We met up with our friends a few houses down and hit the neighborhood together.


I carried Olivia the cutest little pumpkin you ever did see in the sling and she slept the whole time.



Now, it's 10 p.m., I am exhausted, Olivia is wide awake, Carter is down for the count...hopefully, and Theo is watching the world series. I wanted to get these pictures posted before it wasn't Halloween anymore.

Olivia enjoyed her first Halloween I think. The weather was quite nice, a little cold but nothing like the snowstorm we got earlier in the week. We went up the the outlet mall this afternoon for a little while. This is her pre-trick-or-treating outfit (thank you Nanny aka godmomma for getting this for her!)



Next year, I'm sure she'll enjoy getting and eating candy, but this year she was content to be held in the sling while I did most of the candy gathering for her sick big brother.


Carter was dressed as Pablo from the Backyardigans.

The head piece was too small (naturally, because my children have really big heads!) so I sewed a piece of Diego scrap fabric underneath it to make a chin strap. Thankfully I have learned how to sew or I don't know what he would have done.

I hope you all had a great Halloween night! I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Tell Pablo that Tasha loves him!