Sunday, November 8, 2009

Going green to save some green

I blogged about my decision to use cloth diapers this time on my pregnancy blog. But I just wanted to say how much I love the cloth diapers!

I even have a convert...my friend Georgette is now also using cloth diapers on her 3 month old baby. I was a little nervous to make the transition from disposable to cloth but it really is so easy. It's a little stinky sometimes but the fact that our grocery bill is so much less makes it worth it. Yes, I'm all for helping the environment, reducing our waste, blah blah blah, but honestly, I'm doing it to save money. My mom got the set of 12 diapers as a baby shower present for us so really, we didn't spend any money on them. They really aren't that much work either and when we are snowed in, it will be so nice to not have to worry whether or not we have enough diapers. As long as we have detergent, and water and electricity, we are good to go. Despite them making her look like she had a ghetto booty when she was first born, they are so cute too!

Now that she is bigger, they really aren't as bulky and actually make her clothes fit a little better. She had to graduate from the newborn diaper inserts to the thicker ones because she is peeing up a storm these days thanks to her every 2-3 hour nursings! I'm so glad Theo and I made this decision! We will definitely use cloth diapers until Olivia is out of them and for any other children we may have (and by children, I mean a single child...three is probably my limit!!) :)

No comments: