Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mohawks for girls?



I took these pictures of wild-haired Olivia a couple of mornings ago. Please ignore the fact that she is sleeping on her stomach (I know, I know but I don't let her sleep that way when I'm asleep and I check on her constantly but I digress....) Her hair seems like it is getting so long already. I am curious to see if it will all fall out in a few months the way Carter's did.

In other Olivia news, her nine hour strectch I mentioned on facebook earlier in the week was unfortunately, a fluke. She continues to wake up at 2 a.m. almost every single morning and I am so tired. We are somewhat on a schedule during the day and she naps really well in her bed. If I could just get her to drop the 2 a.m. feeding, I would feel like a new woman!

Carter has been sick for the past week with fever and now a snotty nose. Is whinyness a diagnosis, because if so, he's got that too and a MAJOR case of it. He had been doing better with the whining until this morning....there is something about Theo being home that brings out Carter's inner whinyness. But he was so cute a few days ago. He really didn't want to be sick because he did not want to go to the doctor. So he kept saying "See momma, I'm happy (and making a fake smily face)"


Bless his heart, he really didn't want to feel bad! I'm hoping he is on the mend. We missed MOPS today which is not good for me because I didn't want to expose any kids to his germs. But we did go to the park. I figure being outdoors was probably better than being in a little classroom at MOPS. But he was tired and after an hour asked to come home. He has also not been eating hardly anything but yet always manages to ask for snacks and Halloween candy. He is milking it for all it's worth!

Theo got "certified" at work this week (i.e. completed all his necessary training and passed a test). So he now he is working on different shifts. When he first took the job, he was under the impression that he would have a pretty set schedule: 2 day shifts, two evenings, two nights and then four days off. But that is most certainly not the case. I'm hoping it's because of the holidays that his schedule is so wacky but only time will tell. He is having to work the next two weekends, Thanksgiving night and the night before and after. But yea, he's off for Christmas. There is no rhyme or reason to the schedule which makes it hard to plan for things. But on the flip side, he is off for five days next week so we may try and head on a short road trip. We'll see. He's also back in school working on finishing up his master's and has an assignment due next Wednesday so we may just hang out here for five days instead. Again, we'll see.

We don't have any big weekend plans because he is working 3-11 both Friday and Saturday night. Yuck. This is going to take some getting used to for sure. But at least I'm not working so we can really have our "weekends" whenever even if that means it's on a Monday and Tuesday. It will make it harder to go to church together though. Oh well, it's only temporary right? (Like for the next 3 years. Ughhhh!)

1 comment:

Laney said...

I'm so sorry that Carter has been sick. I hope he is on the mend! The second picture of Olivia, the side view, looks just like you!!!!