Monday, November 9, 2009

Resemblance


When I saw this picture, I immediately thought about how much Olivia looks like Carter (but in a girly, more feminine kind of way!) Despite our rough night last night with Carter throwing up every 10 minutes for two hours, I love my kids more today than ever. I got some very bad news this morning of an extended family member losing their baby at 18 weeks. As a mother, especially a mother of a little baby, I can't imagine too many more things worse than that. My heart grieves for them. I don't know what I would do if I were ever in that same situation. So I made a promise to myself that I will cherish my children more and more with each passing day. I have been doing so much complaining about motherhood lately (i.e. sleep deprivation, cleaning up more vomit than I know what to do with, leaky, sore boobs, whiny temper tantrums,etc etc). And then I have to stop and remind myself that I am so blessed to be a mom. Thousands of women out there want to have a child, want to wake up all hours of the night to nurse a fussy baby, would love to discipline a cranky three year old, and experience all the good and bad things motherhood has to offer but can't. I am blessed. Lord, please help me appreciate all aspects of motherhood for my children are such a precious gift that I don't ever want to take for granted.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love this picture of the children!