Thursday, November 26, 2009

My cup runneth over

On this Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for. I think about all the people who are celebrating Thanksgiving alone, without food, or away from their loved ones. I spent my Thanksgiving surrounded by family, with plenty of food to eat, and a full heart. I am so thankful for all the men and women who are serving overseas so that I may celebrate my own Thanksgiving in a free country. I pray for them all as they are away from those who they wish they could spend Thanksgiving with. This year, these are the things I am most thankful for:

1- The daughter we were told may be born with Down Syndrome was born perfectly healthy

2- Our adorable Carter with whom our lives would be incomplete

3- A new house in a new town, in a beautiful place, surrounded by new (and old) friends, and a fresh start

4- The closeness our move has given my relationship with my mom

5- The opportunity to spend Christmas with my dad

6- The closeness in my marriage that Theo and I have shared since Olivia's birth

7- The chance to leave my job and fulfill my dream of being a stay-at-home-mom

8- My family continues to be healthy (with several good praise reports over the past year)

9- My new appreciation for God's timing and his plans

10- Answered prayers

"Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalms 106:1 Lord, I have so much to be thankful for. My cup truly does runneth over. You have blessed me more than I could have ever imagined and infinitely more than I deserve. Thank you for loving me unconditionally!

No comments: