Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday(s)!

Today is Theo's 35th birthday! I'm so glad he's older than me :) Today is also my brother's birthday. Jackson is 29. How funny that I would marry someone who shared a birthday with my brother!

We've had a leisurely morning so far. Carter and I went shopping and gave daddy the best present of all....one on one time with Olivia and then solitude when she went down for a nap. Now, we're cracking up reading an article on-line about a couple who have birth to 3 kids in one year and none were multiples! Ha! Better them than us!!! (FYI: they adopted one, used a surrogate and then she got pregnant on her own and was due a week after the surrogate. So they had 3 kids 13 months and younger! I told Theo is she can do it, surely I can handly 2 kids 16 months apart!!!)

Tonight we are going to go to a Sky Sox game (minor league baseball team here) if the weather cooperates. Yesterday we went hiking at Garden of the gods. It was sooooo crowded and so much hotter at 1:00 then at 9 a.m. when we went last time. I am going to try and make a big pot of gumbo for dinner before the game. Can you believe I'm a Louisiana native and have never made gumbo before?


So today, on Theo's birthday, I am so thankful that he is my husband. I am grateful to his parents for creating such a wonderful man who loves his family more than anything. He is a great father. Theo has such a good heart and strong character. He is such a hard worker, completely loyal, lives with integrity, and would do anything for anyone. He is my best friend in the whole world. There is no one else I can imagine spending my life with. I'm thankful God chose him to be my husband. He loves me unconditionally, which I can make very difficult to do at times. We laugh constantly, joke around all the time, make the best memories with our family. I can be completely myself around him. I love him more today than I did when we got married. Happy birthday baby!

No comments: