Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Despite Theo actually having to work Sunday, we had a great weekend! Saturday, I had originally wanted to go to the Royal Gorge since we didn't make it while Theo was on vacation. But Saturday morning rolled around, I got up early and made orange scones for breakfast, and then we just decided to hang out at home. It was so nice and very much needed. Theo and Carter played outside for a few hours. I actually got to do some scrapbooking and blog surfing! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a Saturday.

Carter played in his pool and loved it despite the freezing cold water. He kept asking me to come in. I told him no. And he said "But mom, on the swimming pool box, it says some mommy's can come in". Then he brought me the box and showed me the picture and there was a family in the pool. It was so funny!





Pre-dinner pictures:



That night we tried out a new Jamaican restaurant.




Theo's favorite food is Jamaican food and the only time he usually eats real Carribean cuisine is when his parents are in town. So I was thankful we found this place and he got a "fix". There is another Jamaican place downtown that we will also try soon.

I got jerk chicken, rice and peas and cabbage. I shared my chicken with Carter. Olivia had a little bit of everything. That girl truly will eat ANYthing!!


Theo had oxtail. For the first time in the 8 years we've known each other, I actually tried oxtail. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's beef. And it was delicious! I now know why he loves it so much. I don't think I'll be cooking it but I will definitely eat it next time his mom comes.


We were originally supposed to have a game night with our friends and neighbors Jeff and Amy. Our baby monitors work in each other's yards so we were going to sit outside and play scrabble after the kids went to bed. Amy called yesterday afternoon and said her kids haven't been going to bed before 10:00 this week so we would have to postpone. But 9:30 rolled around and someone knocked on our back door. I was furious thinking it was those dagum neighborhood kids. But no, it was Jeff! He asked if we were still up for game night! We were excited. So we hung out over there, had wine and cheese (sparkling white grape juice for me....Amy thinks of everything!) and played scrabble for 2 hours. It was so much fun. We should have been doing this all summer! It was like a double date without having to pay a babysitter! We have always been blessed to have great neighbors. I hope when we finally do leave Colorado, we'll be blessed with great neighbors again.

Sunday Theo worked so the kids and I hung out. I cleaned. We played. We went to the park. It was a lazy day. I hate to miss church but it's so much work taking both kids by myself. I think God understands and knows my heart. Speaking of God, He is so good! He even cares about us enough to answer the smallest and most insignificant prayers. For instance, I checked out a movie for Carter at the library a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't for the life of me find the box. The movie itself was accounted for but the box was MIA. Well it was due and I didn't know what would happen if I couldn't find it. I didn't want to have to pay for a movie...especially since Carter didn't care much about it. So I sat down and prayed before I started looking for it and it was in the first place I looked (which I know I had looked in before)! I was saying "Thank you Jesus!" and Carter was repeating me. It was so cute! God listens.

I hope you all had a good weekend. We have a few things planned for this week but nothing that will keep us too busy!

No comments: