Sunday, August 22, 2010

The view from the top

Saturday, we ventured out to Pike's Peak! Theo planned this for us to do and it's something I've been wanting to see since we moved here. I went here as a kid but wanted to see it again as an adult.

The pictures don't do it justice. I will admit, the car ride up there (an hour to go 19 miles) was difficult. I was sitting in the backseat with a cranky Olivia and felt very carsick. I kept my eyes closed much of the time so I couldn't appreciate all the view had to offer on the way up.



Whoooooaaa! Don't look down!!





Taking a break, and warming up, in the shop. We drank hot chocolate and ate french fries.






Once we got to the top, it was breathtaking! And cold. Theo assured me we should bring coats. I said, "It's August and hot out here!" to which he replied "It's 40 degrees at the peak." And he was right! So here I am in my winter coat and shorts! What a sight I'm sure :)

I sat in the front seat on the way back down and it was much nicer! Olivia slept the whole way down and Carter enjoyed looking out the window. Definitely a must see if you are ever here.

No comments: