Friday, May 8, 2009

Five Years Ago Today....

I married my best friend and the man I had prayed for my entire life. I always knew I wanted to be a wife and a mom and Theo made both of those things possible for me. I truly can not imagine my life any differently. Don't get me wrong, being married is not always easy. Lord knows we have had our share of trials and fights but at the end of the day, I can't imagine being married to anyone else. Our love for each other is unconditional and I know our marriage was a gift from God.

We had a wonderful wedding ceremony and our close friends and family were there to celebrate that day with us. We were married by our favorite priest in the most beautiful church in town. That night, we hung out with Theo's out of town family and friends for a while. Then the next morning, we were on our way to Jamaica. We were blessed enough to stay at this tropical place and it was the most fabulous honeymoon in the world! It's been my favorite trip we've been on so far (Europe and Hawaii were definitely close seconds but our honeymoon was soooooo much fun!)

So on our fifth anniversary, I am grateful that we have made it this far. Theo's parents have been married for almost 40 years and are an inspiration to both of us. I'm especially grateful this year to be pregnant again and bringing a new miracle into this world. Happy Anniversary Theo! I love you more today than the day we got married.



No comments: