Monday, May 18, 2009

Walk Down Memory Lane

Today, I decided to break out the video camera and record Carter singing his favorite songs. Then I couldn't help but watch all the videos we had recorded of him starting from February (when Carter learned how to crawl out of his bed) all the way back until the day he was born. I watched them in reverse chronological order. Carter got a big kick out watching himself on the camera. He especially liked watching his first birthday party and kept wondering if he had anymore presents to open. I didn't record too much in 2008 unfortunately. The pressure of working full time and being a full-time mom got the best of me I think. But today, I am making a commitment to record more of our memories. Goodness knows I have plenty of still photos but there is nothing like watching Carter in action and hearing his sweet little voice.

I put him down for his nap before I watched his birth on film. Somehow, I don't think he really would have appreciated watching that. I have only seen it once (on my first mother's day) and it still brings me to tears. I fell in love with my husband all over again watching him be so sweet and supportive during the birth of our firstborn. It was so amazing to watch him during that whole life changing and life giving experience. It is so amazing to see how delicate we both were with him as a newborn and now knowing what a rough and tumble toddler he has become. Carter was so tiny. I'm amazed to see the little man he has become.



We also captured on video Carter's experience with his first formal photos from the nursery. I had forgotten the outfit my mom bought for him came with a bonnet and you could tell, he was NOT happy about wearing it. Even now I'm laughing hard because I know one day he will say to me "Mom, how could you put me in a bonnet of all things!" We ended up not ordering any of those pictures from the hospital so he's lucky there is no real proof of that anywhere in the world except on our video!

I can't believe we are about to experience all of this again in just a few weeks (16 to be exact). How did I get to be so blessed? It's a good thing I'm already pregnant because if I wasn't, I would be having bad baby fever right now! I am so thankful for the life God has given me. Even though my life isn't perfect, it's the perfect life for me.

1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

He looks exactly the same... just bigger with curlier hair! You forget how small they are don't you????